Sant’Andrea’s Fountain

The fountain of Sant’Andrea, also known as the Fountain of the People, is one of the most famous and admired Amalfi’s monuments. On the complex stands the marble statue of the patron saint of Amalfi, depicted with the cross of martyrdom. In 1757 the City Government decided the work to Read more…

Garofalo House – The Hut

VILLA GAROFALO – LA CAPANNA Widely modified and enlarged. The typical inverted V shape of the roof remains recognizable. Located in: Viale Vittorio Veneto 81 A different story from the others ……. The birth of Milano Marittima, The Garden city.  His birth is relatively recent, but very interesting indeed. It Read more…

Gardini House

VILLA GARDINI It belongs to the Gardini family of Forlì related to the Cervia family Neri, to which the Black sisters belonged, two of which ran the “Thousand Things” toy store in Viale Gramsci next to the Sporting and one ran the Bridge Club. Located in Viale Gramsci. 41 The Read more…

Egle House

VILLA EGLE This is the second villa built by Augusto Lugaresi and was later sold to Italo Balbo who bought it for his sister Egle. To testify the former ownership of the villa is still present, in front of the original gate, a plaque engraved with the name “Egle”. The Read more…

Arani House

Villa Arani is one of the two villas built by Augusto Lugaresi in 1927. It was sold to Mr. Mazzotti of Forlì who was ambassador in Austria and had 3 sons, Elios, Eolo and Argiuna called Bebi, plus a female daughter named Ulpia. Elios was the father of Cristina Mazzotti, Read more…

‘Fiorio’ Café

Under the kingdom of Charles Albert, Turin underwent a period of important transformation, especially from the years after 1840. The King inaugurated a season of cautious reforms and Turin developed. The number of inhabitants grew from around 80,000 during the period of Napoleon’s rule to over 140,000 in the 1940s. Read more…